Wednesday 8 February 2012

ITTON VILLAGE HALL

Before I tell you about yesterday's fabulous Dib Dob First Aid Course, this is the beautiful rural setting of our Village Hall, where it all happens.
Having been in the Hall yesterday afternoon with seven other peeps, this afternoon I decided to spend an hour on my own with a long tape measure, a piece of graph paper, a pen, and my camera.  The Hall is 44ft by 22ft, and any available wall-space will hang The Art Exhibits in this year's Show.
The Stage is 17ft by 6ft, and will be capable of propping up 7 'Doors' against the walls to exhibit all the Photographic Entries, and the Trophy Table, from which, the Opening & Award Ceremonies take place.
There are twenty 6ft tables at my disposal to use as Showbenches.
And there's a separate room to the side of the Hall, which has it's own small kitchen, from which to serve Afternoon Teas, and have a Cake Stall.
It's a beautiful facility at our disposal, and one that we're incredibly fortunate to have.  Now that I've got all of its measurements, I can maximise every inch of available space for our 2012 Village Show in August.

No comments:

Post a Comment